As I gear up for more dramatic life changes in the near future, I wanted to freshen-up JustinSchuck.com and launch version 6.4. I know I've neglected the site at different intervals through the years, so I've given it a much-needed face-lift. The feel I was going for was upscale men's lounge utilizing elements from some of my recent magazine and print designs. And since you know that I listened to a single song on repeat for hours while I worked on this little project, I want to share that with you now: "In The Shadows" by The Rasmus. I launched the new design this morning so I could take advantage of the uniqueness of today's date: 01.10.2010. (Maybe I'll launch ver 7.0 on 10.10.2010).
The changes to version 6.3 (launched 10.10.2009) include:
- New "logo" treatment using a combination of my signature and lightweight Helvetica for the name
- Redesign of the navigation making the text easier to read in all states
- Creation of a new dark wood-panel "floor" background
- Simplification of the layout and back-end coding
- Elimination of complicated box shadowing
- New header graphics for each section
- Updated selection of albums listed on my play list
- Copy editing and refinement
- Contact information listed in the footer of every page and blog entry
- Modification of Blogger blog template
While these changes might appear to be significant, the modifications were relatively easy to implement. It's a new year and there are some big things in store for the future. Now I feel closer than ever to having a site that truly reflects my design perspective. So please, take some time and check out the newly-updated website and let me know what you think of the new look.