The idea behind Guerrilla Photo Shoots is to organize surprise "guerrilla-style" portraits, sometimes on a large scale. With infinite locations and infinite possibilities, you'll want to be a part of this transformational live art experience. Find us online: Guerrilla Photo Shoots Facebook Group: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=187484005327 Guerrilla Photo Shoots on Twitter: Twitter.com/GuerrillaPhoto The blog: JustinSchuck.com/GPS
Because I like to talk to myself, I thought I'd ask and answer some questions you might be asking.
* Who is this supposed to be for? Anyone who wants to be a part of a growing art project; anyone who thrives on spontaneity and can jump at the chance to potentially violate traffic laws, and/or occupancy limits; and anyone who likes being weird.
* How much does it cost to participate? It's absolutely 100% free. * How do we know when and where to be? Well Mary, you'll need to join the group and wait for instructions. If we told you now, that would give all the fun away.
* What do these photo shoots entail? Well, that depends. Each shoot will have a different theme and location. Sometimes this might mean wearing costumes, or dressing to a theme. This is actually very important because for the shoot to match the vision, instructions will need to be followed as closely as possible—especially the start and end times.
* Are there going to be gorillas at these shoots? Are you retarded? No. It's G-U-E-R-R-I-L-L-A, as in bandito, guerrilla warfare, etc.
* Is this some scary plot to have me kidnapped and help for ransom? While that might be an innovative strategy to make money in this recession, you are safe. From me and from guerrilla fighters at least. But I make no promises. You will be taking your life into your own hands, like the big girl that you are.
* Wait, so do you need models or photographers? That's a good question. Everyone is welcome to take part, even other photographers, but for some shots it won't be helpful if everyone is holding a camera.
* Where can I find these photos?
Select images will appear here on Facebook, but the remainder will appear on our website http://JustinSchuck.com/GPS and on my Flickr page at http://flickr.com/photos/JustinSchu
* I appeared in one of the shoots, and I really like the pics, can I use them on my website or on my Facebook page? I am working on a simple ordering system for select images from the shoots. I will reserve my copyrights, but I will grant a limited license to any confirmed participant to use images grabbed from Facebook, Flickr or here on the GPS website to use on Facebook or other approved site so long as you include the following caption below any caption you have: "© Justin Schuck / GuerrillaPhotoShoots.com." For additional license, or release information, just send me a message on Facebook or send me an Email.
This is the start of something amazing, I can feel it.